1. You will need to have a WinLin Pro or higher plan to perform SSL encryption of your web pages.
2. An SSL Certificate is need to perform the encryption. SSL Certificates are created for specific server types. Sitephoria certificates need to be for Linux Apache + Mod SSL. You can get a certificate from many companies including Verisign and Thawte.
3. You can generate a Certificate Signing Request (CSR) from the SSL Manager in the WebsiteOS and then cut and paste this into Verisign or Thawte's order form. The SSL Manager is under the Security menu.
3. When you receive a new SSL certificate from Verisign or Thawte, you can cut and paste it into the SSL Manager in the WebsiteOS. Please cut and paste the certificate into Notepad first and then cut and paste from Notepad into the SSL Manager to remove unnecessary characters that programs like WordPad might add to the file.
4. Please wait at least 24 hours for the certificate to work.
5. SSL Certificates generally need to be renewed yearly through the company you originally purchased it from. Use the same process above to renew.
5. Sitephoria also offer a FREE generic SSL ID that you may use with WinLin Pro plans or higher. The URL for your site will be
There is no extra cost for this service and you do not need to renew it yearly.